The new Orthodox Study Bible contains the entire Old Testament of the Orthodox Church, including the "Deuterocanonical" books. Although based on the New King James Version, it offers a fresh translation from the Greek text of the Septuagint.
The Orthodox Study Bible includes:
- New Testament from the New King James Version
- Commentary drawn from the early Church Christians
- Easy-to-Locate liturgical readings
- Book Introductions and Outlines
- Subject Index
- Full-color Icons
- Full-color Maps
Additionally, this new edition contains a number of improvements over the older one:
- The Psalms have been retranslated from the
- The notes for the Psalms have been greatly
- The NT notes have been revised slightly.
- The liturgical notes at the top of the New Testament pages
have been expanded and placed into their own section
at the foot of the page.
- The index to the notes at the back, as well as the glossary, have been
- New study articles have been added to the back of